They’re used to validate customer preferences, identify trends and verify the quality of products and services. They lend credibility to assertions in virtually any argument – at least if people are willing to listen. And sometimes they’re invoked for the sole purpose of dazzling.
It’s a rare professional who doesn’t reach for a compelling statistic at least once a week. So if you’re looking for a resource teeming with marketing statistics, look no further than HubSpot’s latest offering, fittingly called “The Ultimate List of Marketing Statistics.”
Always thorough in its presentation of data, HubSpot breaks down the list into nine categories:
- Content marketing
- Email marketing
- Lead generation
- Marketing technology
- Search engine optimization
- Social media
- Video marketing
Consider a sampling from this compelling and comprehensive list:
- Nearly 65 percent of people click on Google ads when they want to buy an item online.
- Google drives 95 percent of all paid search ad clicks on mobile devices.
- Eight in 10 marketers worldwide use location targeting for mobile advertising.
Content marketing statistics:
- Sixty percent of marketers say blog content creation is their top inbound marketing priority.
- B2B companies that blogged 11 or more times per month had almost three times more traffic than those that blogged once per month.
- Titles with between six and 13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
Email marketing statistics:
- Three-quarters of companies agree email offers "excellent" to "good" ROI.
- Email subject lines that include the words "thank you" have the highest above-average engagement levels.
- Eighty-six percent of consumers would like to receive promotional emails from companies they do business with at least monthly and 15 percent would like to get them daily.
Lead generation statistics:
- Inbound organizations are four times as likely to rate their marketing strategy as effective.
- Nearly 80 percent of companies not meeting their revenue goals attract 10,000 monthly website visitors or less. For those exceeding their revenue goals, 70 percent report attracting more than 10,000 visitors per month.
- Seventy-two percent of organizations that calculate ROI say their marketing strategy is effective; 43 percent of marketers say proving the ROI of their marketing activities is their top marketing challenge.
- Fifty-eight percent of buyers want to talk about pricing in the first sales call while 65 percent of salespeople want to keep the conversation on goals.
- Only 29 percent of people want to talk to a salesperson to learn more about a product, while 62 percent will consult a search engine.
Search engine optimization statistics:
- The first position on Google search results on desktop has a 34.36 percent click-through rate.
- Eighty-one percent of shoppers conduct online research before making big purchases.
- Seventy-two percent of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles.
Social media statistics:
- Seventy-two percent of adult internet users use Facebook.
- Seventy-three percent of people say they use Facebook for professional purposes.
- In the last two years, content consumption on LinkedIn has increased by 21 percent.
- Thirty-one percent of adult Internet users use Pinterest; 71 percent of Pinterest's users are women.
While fun to review in the abstract, statistics take on an entirely new meaning when they’re used in tandem with an inbound marketing strategy. When you need help conceptualizing, developing, managing and measuring your strategy, reach out to the marketing experts at ADTACK.